Is it possible to eat walnuts with diarrhea and diarrhea?
Walnuts have been cultivated since ancient times. The plant is widely used not only in cooking, but also in medicine. Next, we consider the effect of the product on human health, why it is useful, what effect it has on the gastrointestinal tract, and several popular recipes are given.
The benefits and harms of walnuts
A person’s food is the walnut kernel, ripening under a woody shell and a thick green pericarp in late summer - early autumn.
Did you know? For more than 50 years, the University of California (USA) has hosted an annual scientific conference on the health effects of walnuts.
The kernels are highly nutritious and contain (per 100 g):
- 9 g of protein;
- 8 g of carbohydrates;
- 83 g of fat;
- 650 kcal.
Mineral and vitamin composition of the product includes:
- 16.5% iron;
- 7.5% calcium;
- 2% vitamin C;
- 0.5% Vitamin A.
In an immature state, walnuts have an increased concentration of vitamin C (up to 10%), due to which such fruits are used to create vitamin concentrates.
- Long-term studies of scientists from different countries have proved that this product:
- rich in antioxidants, and on this indicator takes first place among the other nuts. This factor is important for the prevention of atherosclerosis;
- in content unsaturated fatty acids Omega-3 is another first in the walnut world. This ingredient helps in the prevention of heart disease;
- has a significant percentage of polyphenolsthat help in the treatment of various inflammations, including chronic diseases. Some studies have found that polyphenols help reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancer;
- improves the digestive tractBeing an excellent breeding ground for beneficial bacteria in the intestinal microflora;
- allows you to control your appetitedespite the high calorie content. By including walnuts in your diet, you can reduce hunger and better resist the temptation of harmful foods;
- helps reduce the risk of or control type 2 diabetes. Studies have shown a decrease in blood sugar with a daily intake of 1 tbsp. l walnut oil (cold pressed);
- positive effect on male fertility and potency.
The disadvantages of walnuts include the high calorie content of the product, and therefore its daily amount should be controlled. Also, the product can cause an allergic reaction and should be used with caution in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, especially with pancreatitis.
Walnut in medicine
In folk medicine, not only the nucleus is often used, but also other parts of the plant.
The most widespread decoctions and infusions of leaves and pericarp, which use:
- with diseases of the kidneys and bladder, tonsillitis, diseases of the oral cavity, gynecological and gastric diseases;
- to improve metabolism, with exhaustion and vitamin deficiency;
- with atherosclerosis;
- as a hemostatic agent;
- for wound healing.
Walnut oil is used to treat inflammation of the middle ear, as a drug for internal parasites, as part of the complex therapy of conjunctivitis. Infusion from the internal partitions of the shell is used as an anti-inflammatory agent.
Walnut weakens or strengthens
The laxative property of peanut butter is known. The use of the nut itself can also have a mild laxative effect (for example, with constipation), since the content of oils in the kernels is very high. The presence of plant cells also has an additional stimulating effect on intestinal motility.
Can walnuts cause diarrhea
In some cases, nuts can cause diarrhea.
- The reason may be the following factors:
- eating excessive amounts of product;
- food allergy or intolerance to certain substances;
- chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- weakening of the body after an illness;
- spoiled or infected through unwashed shells of the kernel.
Important! Ponos, as well as various rashes on the skin and nausea, can provoke poisoning with pesticides and chemicals, which are sometimes used in industrial processing of the surface of the shell.
Can I eat walnuts with diarrhea?
Eating nuts for diarrhea is not recommended. In such cases, traditional healers advise using an infusion of shredded leaves or an alcohol tincture from internal partitions. Syrup from young fruits is also popular, which, after consultation with a pediatrician, can be given to children.
For the prevention of the above diseases, the product can be consumed in daily nutrition. It will be a good addition to salads, preserving all the beneficial properties without exposure to high temperatures. The following are recipes for products made from various parts of a plant used in traditional medicine.
Infusion of leaves for atherosclerosis
- dry chopped walnut leaves - 2 tsp;
- water - 200 g.
A useful infusion is prepared in the following sequence:
- Pour boiling water over the leaves.
- Cover and leave for 1 hour.
- Strain the infusion. Use 100 ml 3 times a day before meals.
- unripe green fruits - 10-15 pcs.;
- alcohol or vodka - 500 ml.
To make a drink, the procedure is as follows:
- Cut the fruit into 4-6 parts.
- Pour the pieces with alcohol, clog.
- Insist 5 weeks in a dark place.
- Strain the tincture. Consume 1 tbsp. 3 times a day half an hour before meals. It is recommended for stomach problems, vitamin deficiency and chronic fatigue, hypertension, tumors and neoplasms.
Nut mixture for thyroid disease
- unripe green fruits - 6 kg;
- honey - 7 kg.
The tool is prepared as follows:
- Grind young fruits through a meat grinder.
- Mix nuts with honey. Fold in a glass dish, close the lid.
- Place the mixture in a dark place for 30-40 days.
- Take three times a day for 1 hour before meals.
Did you know? The shell also finds economic use. It is used in the manufacture of linoleum and grinding stones, as an integral part of brake materials.
- young walnuts - 30 pcs.;
- vodka - 500 ml.
The algorithm for the preparation of therapeutic tinctures is as follows:
- Crack nuts and get partitions.
- Fold the partitions into a jar of dark glass and pour vodka.
- Infuse the mixture for 21 days in a dark place. Strain.
- Apply with diarrhea 15 ml 3 times a day before meals, from cough - 4 times a day 5 ml, drinking plenty of water (regardless of food intake).
- unripe fruits - 1 kg;
- sugar - 1 kg.
For children who, unlike adults, cannot take an alcohol-based product, you can prepare this tincture:
- Cut the fruit into small pieces.
- Fold the product in a glass three-liter jar.
- Pour sugar into a container and close the lid.
- Insist 1 month, shaking periodically, then strain.
- Received dark syrup to use on an empty stomach 3 times a day for 1 tsp.
Important! To get the benefit, nuts must be eaten raw or dried at temperatures up to + 60 ... + 70°C. Exposure to higher temperatures destroys nutrients.
Vitamin mixture to enhance immunity
- prunes - 0.5 tbsp .;
- dried apricots - 0.5 tbsp .;
- raisins - 0.5 tbsp .;
- lemon - 2 pcs.;
- walnuts - 0.5 tbsp .;
- honey - 150-200 g.
To prepare a tasty and healthy mixture, you must:
- Grind all dry ingredients in a meat grinder or in a combine.
- Mix foods with honey.
- Transfer to a glass container with a lid.
- Keep refrigerated. Use on an empty stomach for 1-2 tbsp. l
The benefits of walnuts have been proven by research, and the therapeutic effect can be obtained from all parts of the plant. To avoid diarrhea, you need to eat nuts reasonably, controlling their quantity and quality, and also taking into account the individual characteristics of the body. In case of chronic diseases it is necessary to consult your doctor.