Walnuts Roulade Recipe
Yeast sweet pastries are popular because the dough is thin but soft and blends in perfectly with the filling. One of the desserts loved by many sweet-tooths is walnut roll.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
The most capricious ingredients in the recipe are nuts and yeast, and the splendor of the dough and the taste of all baking will depend on the choice of these products.
Criteria for choosing nuts:
- the kernels should be dry, evenly colored, with no signs of mold;
- aroma: bright nutty, without impurities;
- color: light brown.
The packaged product must be in paper packaging with a transparent window, with an expiration date. Container without signs of damage and condensation, there should not be extraneous twigs or seeds inside.
The recipe described below uses live yeast.
When buying a product, you need to know:
- pressed yeast is stored only in the refrigerator;
- The product according to GOST does not contain harmful components (stabilizers, flavorings, etc.);
- about 5% of activity is lost with each month of storage, pay attention to the production date.
Walnuts Roulade Recipe
6–8 2 hours 40 minutes
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- In warm milk, add yeast and 5 g of sugar, stir.
- While the yeast comes to life, beat other ingredients.The mixture includes sour cream, one egg, melted butter (2 tbsp. Set aside for the filling), the remaining sugar and salt.
- The resulting lush mass is introduced into the yeast mixture.
- Add 2/3 flour, knead and leave the dough to "come up", covered with a towel, in a warm place for an hour.
- For the filling, the nuts are chopped, but not into flour, small pieces should remain.
- The mixture is mixed with regular and vanilla sugar.
- Knead the dough once again by adding flour and let stand for another 30–40 minutes. Then roll out in the form of a rectangle 0.5 cm thick.
- Put the filling and gently wrap it in a roll.
- Lubricate with beaten egg before baking, or syrup after baking.
- Bake the roll in an oven preheated to 180 degrees on parchment for about 30 minutes. The reference point should be a light brown crust.
Walnut Roulade RecipeVideo Recipe: Walnuts Roulade Recipe
Important! Determine the amount of flour “to the touch”: the dough should be elastic, but not clogged with flour, otherwise it will become stiff after baking.
Yeast roll turns out to be moderately sweet, airy and healthy thanks to nuts. For a large family, you can increase the number of ingredients by 3-5 servings of dessert.