Is it possible to eat cashew nuts when losing weight and in what quantity
Many nutritionists recommend eating nuts, not only losing weight, but also for people of different ages because of the valuable balanced composition of nutrients. But if a person carries out daily calorie counts and calculates the ratio of “building materials” for the body, vitamins and minerals for weight loss, it gives the impression of the harmfulness of a large amount of fat in nuts. In fact, there are some nuances in the chemical structure of plant products that should be considered by people on a diet.
Chemical composition and calorie content
According to the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) Nutrition Base, 100 g (about 50 kernels) of raw cashews are present:
- about 530 kcal;
- 27 g of carbohydrates;
- 3 g of plant fiber;
- 16 g of protein;
- 44 g of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats;
- a large amount of copper, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, selenium and B vitamins.
Useful properties and contraindications
The unique chemical composition allows the use of cashews in everyday nutrition, as well as for the treatment and prevention of many diseases.
Important! It is forbidden to try kernels that have not undergone heat treatment, since toxic compounds are present on the surface of the outer shell.
- Double-linked fatty acids help reduce bad cholesterol, which forms blood clots in your blood vessels. This ensures the normal functioning of the cardiovascular system. And statistics say that people who prefer nuts as a snack have a 37% less risk of developing coronary heart disease than those who refuse them.
- Nuclei are an important source of magnesium, which takes part in 300 enzyme transformations, provides protein and lipid metabolism, relaxes muscles, etc.
- Separately, it is worth mentioning the benefits of cashews for the treatment of such a pathology as the formation of stones in the gallbladder and kidneys. It is known that the exchange of calcium and magnesium are interconnected, and the lack of the second leads to the deposition of calcium calculi.
- Ingredients such as copper, magnesium and manganese contribute to healthy bones and connective tissue.
Excessive use may cause allergic reactions and problems with being overweight. For obesity, it is recommended to eat no more than 15–20 g of kernels per day.
Cashew Weight Loss
The benefit of cashews in losing weight is that significant energy resources of the body are spent on its digestion, which ensures a stable level of pancreatic hormones in the blood. Thus, there is no deposition of substances in fat depots, if you eat nut in the optimal amount.
But do not forget that you need a measure in the use of this product, which is better to include in the daily diet. It is recommended to abandon nuts in the evening, so as not to provoke the deposition of fat in the subcutaneous layer.
Did you know? The absorption of nut protein is much better compared to proteins of animal origin, although cashews are not considered easy to digest food.
Is it possible to get better from cashews
The calorie content of this product really rolls over, and it should be excluded from the diet for those who are overweight. For healthy people, fats in nuts will only bring benefits and will contribute to its reduction by saturating the body with the necessary substances and satisfying the hunger.
Can I eat cashews at night
It is recommended to eat in the daytime, as a morning or afternoon snack. You can eat nuts at night, but in small quantities (up to 6 pieces). And it is better to postpone a treat in the morning so as not to get fat.
Daily Cashew Rate
In the daytime, the norm of eaten kernels is about 15 pcs. This amount is acceptable for healthy people who are not prone to allergies to certain foods.
What nuts are better for weight loss
If you analyze the chemical composition of different types of nuts, their glycemic and insulin indices, you can build a number of "usefulness" for losing weight.
- Almond. It is distinguished by the presence of a large number of plant sterols that lower cholesterol, which is less absorbed in the presence of this product in the intestine. Almonds contain about 70% of the daily intake of folic acid.
- Walnut Is the leader in the percentage of omega-3s among nuts. Reduces fatigue and neutralizes toxins.
- Hazelnut useful for anemia due to the high iron content.It also has a large amount of healthy fats needed by the human body.
- Hazelnut has a similar chemical composition with hazelnuts. It contains a large number of antibacterial alkaloids and vitamins.
- Peanut characterized by the presence of a large number of antioxidants and minerals.
- Cashew considered the least useful for losing weight, but it is the most delicious.
When choosing nut kernels, individual preferences should also be taken into account, because the body itself tells you what you need for health. And health is the main guarantee of successful weight loss.
Did you know? There is a special nut diet, the essence of which is the temporary exclusion of animal proteins and fats from the diet and their replacement with nut kernels. In addition, fried and flour products generally not used during this period.
Walnut is very delicate in taste, has an oily consistency. It is used in Indian and Vietnamese culinary, as well as used in European cuisine. It is added to salads, flour products, and ice cream. It goes well with rice, vegetables and meat products.
Nuts, in particular cashews, are great for people who follow a certain diet. Nuclei satisfy hunger and provide our body with all the necessary substances for life. However, eat this product in small portions - to prevent weight gain.