Almond flour features
For the modern housewife or cook preparing delicious recipes, there is a wide selection of products. If earlier in cooking, you had to choose between good and bad goods, now there are a large number of different ingredients with which you can give an unusual taste or texture to baked goods.
What is almond flour
One of the varieties of flour is almond. Almonds are considered to be nutritious soaked in vitamins, and also have a specific smell that gives piquancy to any dish. This type of product is the best substitute for the wheat variety. The main difference is that it does not have gluten, which means that if there is an individual intolerance to this element, it can be safely used for cooking.
If a person is forced to adhere to a diet due to any disease, such an ingredient will allow you to treat yourself to baking without harming the body. This type of product is rarely found on store shelves, but you can do it yourself. To do this, pour the nuts with boiling water for 5 minutes, then clean and let them dry on their own or in the oven, and then grind with a blender.
Calorie content and energy value of almond flour
The almond bone itself has a large amount of fat and carbohydrates, which is harmful to the human body, which follows a diet. However, almond powder does not contain a large amount of carbohydrates. 100 g contains:
- carbohydrates- 12 g Of the bottom half is dietary fiber;
- protein- 10 g, which is two times more than their amount in a regular product;
- fats- 28 g. Most fats in this product are healthy. The fact is that in the nut itself there is a large amount of Omega-3 acids that are necessary for a person in his daily life. They make up the bulk of the fat in this product.
- energy value is 600 kcal.
Video: Benefits and uses of almond flour
Almond Flour Properties
Almond-based powder has a number of properties that are not inherent in ordinary flour. For instance:
- does not contain cholesterol, which positively affects the condition of people with diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- It contains a small amount of fat, so that even people who follow a diet can use it in cooking;
- does not have a large amount of sugar in its composition.
However, like every product, such a powder has beneficial and harmful qualities.
The benefits of almond flour
- The benefits of bone-based flour are as follows:
- it contains a small amount of sugar. Due to this property, it becomes useful for people with diabetes of group I and II. However, the important point is that the wheat variety does not contain sugar at all, so it can also be used in the presence of such a disease;
- such a powder contains a large amount of vitamins that help strengthen hair and bones;
- the product does not contain a large amount of carbohydrates, which is useful for dieters;
- dishes prepared on this product positively affect the human digestive system, and also help to remove toxins from the body.
Thus, we can conclude that such a variety has significant advantages and a large number of pluses. What are the disadvantages of this product. It is important not to overdo it in order to avoid gaining excess weight.
Harm and contraindications
Dishes based on almond flour can be consumed by all people except those who have individual intolerance.In case of allergic reactions, this product should not be eaten. Also, restrict its intake should be people with strict diets. In other cases, there are no restrictions on the use of the product.
Important! Almond flour is a great alternative to wheat, as it has fewer calories in its composition.
Almond-based flour has a large amount of vitamins and beneficial elements in the composition. These include: vitamin E, vitamin B, amino acids, zinc, iron, phosphorus, antioxidants. Thanks to this rich composition, this product can be used not only for baking desserts, but also for medicinal purposes.
Cooking Almond Flour
The main field of application of flour is cooking. It is the main component in the preparation of sweets, such as: macaroons, marzipan, frangipan. If you add almond powder to the recipe for biscuit dough, the cake itself will turn out to be softer and more fluffy, and due to the low amount of harmful carbohydrates such a biscuit can afford even a losing weight person. In addition, this component is added to recipes for the preparation of butter creams for cakes. Sometimes it is added to salad dressing, sauces and casseroles.
Almond flour for medicinal purposes
Such a variety can be used for the preparation of various masks for both face and hair. For example, one of the easiest and quickest in the preparation of face masks: pour a tablespoon of flour with a small amount of warm water and stir until a uniform thick consistency.
Did you know? The world's largest cake was baked in Las Vegas on City Day in 2005. Its length was 31 m, and this giant weighed 58.967 tons.
What can be replaced
Almond flour can be replaced with any other product. Its only difference is that other varieties contain gluten, and this type is not, which is safe for people with individual intolerance. Also, other varieties will have more calories, but are suitable for replacement.
Thus, we can conclude that almond flour is safer for the human body, does not contain harmful substances and is saturated with vitamins. If desired, it can be used for any type of baking, however, it will give the dishes a specific taste.