Can pregnant women eat almonds, and how is it useful?
Almonds are considered not just a food product, but also a healing plant, which is used to treat many ailments. It contains a large amount of healthy fats, proteins and carbohydrates in equal amounts, as well as trace elements and vitamins. For pregnant women, these kernels are very useful, but care should be taken to the amount of product consumed at different periods of gestation.
Can almonds be pregnant?
Any nuts are a plus for the health and well-being of a pregnant woman, including almonds. In addition to vital compounds, they contain substances with a bitter taste - flavonoids and phytosterols, which have antibacterial and antiviral properties.
Did you know? In terms of the content of chemical compounds important for the body, almonds occupy first places in the ratings of the best products for health.
In the early stages, it is very important that a sufficient amount of micro and macro elements enter the woman's body. Nuts - A Healthy Source of Essential Nutrients. Zinc, phosphorus, vitamins B and E reduce the likelihood of miscarriage, and iron, which is part of hemoglobin, intensifies oxygen metabolism, and also reduces toxicosis and vomiting of the mother.
Fatty acids, including omega-3 and -6, are part of the emerging fetal nervous system, which is laid precisely at an early stage of fetal development. Eat about 8 nuts a day.
During the second trimester, the fetal cells divide very intensively, the child gains weight, for which building material is needed. Useful substances in the composition of the nut activate the intensive reproduction of the baby’s cells, relieve the psychoemotional discomfort of the mother and normalize the work of the woman’s gastrointestinal tract. It is recommended to use about 6 pcs. per day.
Did you know? According to foreign observations, the children of mothers who liked to eat almonds were less sick with diseases of the respiratory system, unlike those whose mothers refused it.
The product in question contributes to solving the problems associated with constipation in pregnant women and mental instability. Vitamin-mineral complex is needed for the formation and strengthening of the bones and brain of a child, maintaining a normal level of cholesterol in the blood, immunity and stable blood pressure of a woman. During the third trimester, use up to 3 pcs. per day.
Almond Vitamin Composition
The product claims to replace pharmacy nutritional supplements in the future mother’s diet. It differs from other nuts in its significant nutritional value and optimal ratio of vitamins and mineral elements:
- 100 g of kernels contains about 56% of the daily intake of vitamin B2; other vitamins are present in this amount: thiamine (0.21 mg), vitamin B5 (0.47 mg), vitamin B9 (50 mg), pyridoxine (0.15 mg), vitamin PP (7 mg), etc. ;
- the amount of fat is 49 g per 100 g of whole nut;
- almond kernels contain essential amino acids that are not synthesized in human cells, but are necessary for building protein;
- also in 100 g of the product there are about 70% of the daily requirement of the magnesium element for the mother's body, and phosphorus - 60%, a large amount of potassium, calcium, copper, zinc and selenium.
Almond kernels are suitable for all people if they are not allergic after eating.
Important! Doctors recommend eating almonds on an empty stomach in the morning. It can be soaked overnight for softening and comfortable absorption.
- Almonds provide the following benefits during pregnancy:
- if a woman has a tendency to respiratory diseases, for example, when coughing, nut kernels are used to prevent such negative factors;
- prevents anemia, diabetes and constipation;
- used for cosmetic purposes for skin, hair and teeth care;
- contributing to the normal development of the central nervous system of the fetus;
- the product has a beneficial effect on blood viscosity, cardiovascular system and intestines;
- with regular use, the frequency of anomalies in children decreases;
- useful in diagnosing fetal growth retardation;
- helps with insomnia.
Harm and contraindications
Almonds are a specific product that should not be eaten in large quantities, and for some it is prohibited at all.
- When used, you may experience:
- symptoms of poisoning when consuming an immature product;
- allergic reactions;
- failures in the functioning of the organs of the cardiovascular system;
- exacerbation of kidney disease.
Important! Bitter almonds should not be eaten by pregnant women, since it contains a substance that undergoes conversion to potassium cyanide.
The following are some useful recipes that are used at all stages of pregnancy:
- For cooking kuti cook rice cereal (1 cup) before boiling. Rinse the rice with cold water and cook until tender. Process almond kernels (100 g) with boiling water, peel, chop, add sugar, crushed poppy seeds (200 g), and place the ingredients in the cooled rice. Put raisins (100 g), mix and sprinkle with sugar.
- To prepare salad "Romance", cut the cooked chicken fillet (500 g) into strips, combine with boiled cooled rice (100 g), chopped onion (1 pc.) and red currant (2 tbsp.). Fry the almonds (0.5 cups) in a dry pan, chop. Dice an apple (1 pc.), Add a small amount of lemon juice (1 tsp.), Peel and slice an orange (2 pcs.), Add all the fruits and nuts to the salad, mix. Combined olive oil (0.75 cups) with orange juice (0.25 cups), parsley, pepper and salt (to taste) add to the salad and mix.
- Cooking method almond milk: soak almonds (1 cup) in water (1.5 l) and leave in the refrigerator overnight. Then rinse the nuts and treat them with hot water for a few seconds. Grind the nuts in a blender and pour them with clean water (750 ml). Add honey (2 tbsp. Stir the mixture in a blender. You will get a white liquid that needs to be filtered through gauze. Almond milk is a very useful and nutritious product that is recommended for pregnant women. It is also added to various cosmetics to improve the condition of hair, skin and nails.
Almond kernels are a valuable product that is useful to everyone, especially pregnant women. It quickly deteriorates and can lead to some negative consequences. Eat these nuts in moderation by consulting your doctor or nutritionist.