What is useful hazelnut and how to use it
Hazelnuts in a cultivated form are called hazelnuts, have excellent taste and high content of fats and oily bases. Hazelnuts can be easily grown in their own garden. The main thing is to know the rules for planting and caring for this bush.
Where does hazelnut grow and what does it look like
In the wild, hazelnuts are found in the Urals and in the Perm Territory, this is a forest plant, so you can only meet it there. Almost all regions of Siberia, Kirov, and St. Petersburg can also be favorable in Russia for this nut. The best in the country will be the places of the middle zone and the central part of Russia.
Important! Places for growing shrubs should have a high level of groundwater. Arid regions are not suitable for this plant.
Hazelnuts grow in the form of perennial, deciduous, up to 10 m tall bush. On lignified trunks there are a large number of branches with numerous pointed, oval leaves that have a bright green color and a length of up to 10 cm.The fruit of the nut is round, hidden in a very strong shell, which is surrounded by a leafy wrap that almost completely covers the nut.
The chemical composition and calorie content of hazelnuts
Like any nut, hazelnuts have an excellent set of minerals and vitamins, it has everything that is so necessary to maintain health in the body. It is true that it is very high in calories. For 100 g of fruits, 704 kcal is accounted for, which is one third of the daily calorie intake. But thanks to this, this nut can easily satisfy hunger, only a handful in nutrition will replace a kilogram of fish, potato, milk, bread or fruit, it will be more satisfying than chocolate.
Did you know? In Russia, the bush of hazel was considered blessed, bringing wealth and happiness. The nuts were stored as talismans, and the plant itself served as protection from lightning, from the evil eye and evil spirits.
The fruits of the bush have a very interesting composition, it is a balanced and comprehensive food product:
- fats - 66.9 g;
- proteins - 16.1 g;
- carbohydrates - 9.9 g.
The total contains sugars - 4.3 g, fiber - 9.7 g, starch - 0.5 g. Absolutely free of cholesterol and trans fats. It covers the daily norm of protein by 20%, the norm of fats by 72%, and carbohydrates by 5% (100 g of hazelnuts), i.e., it covers 97% of the body's need for these vital components. The kernel of a nut contains 20 amino acids, vitamins B1 and B2, carotene and fiber, flavonoids and amino acids. Also iron, potassium and magnesium.
The mineral composition of the nut:
|vitamin B1||20 %|
|vitamin b5||23 %|
|vitamin b6||28,2 %|
|vitamin B9||28,3 %|
|vitamin e||36 %|
|vitamin h||152 %|
|vitamin K||11,8 %|
|vitamin PP||26 %|
The beneficial properties of hazelnuts
- Hazelnuts contain a huge number of useful components that have a positive effect on the body:
- according to studies, hazelnuts struck with its protein content, its amount is completely absorbed by the human body;
- the oil of this fruit is also easily digested and tastes good;
- It is rich in the content of the three most important amino acids that the human body does not produce in the right amount, namely leucine, isoleucine and valine. Also in the body there is always a lack of carbohydrates, tannins and minerals. All this will easily make up for the hazelnuts eaten;
- Another important property of this nut is the production of testosterone, which provides men's health and potency;
- walnut oil contains a huge amount of organic acids, vitamins B and E, protein and minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, etc. Saturates a weakened body after a long illness with all the necessary nutrients.
Contraindications to the use of hazelnuts
In everything you need to know the measure, and even when eating hazelnuts. It is impossible to oversaturate the body, especially if some of the components affect the organs as enhancers of biological processes.
- Contraindications for use are as follows:
- A large amount of walnut consumed can cause a spasm in the vessels of the brain and thereby cause a migraine.
- Not recommended for children with severe diabetes.
- Also beware of overeating this fruit for people who are overweight and prone to allergies.
- You can not feed children up to three years.
How much can you eat hazelnuts per day
Nuts should be eaten every day. However, you need to know how much you can eat nuts per day. For women, the norm is about 30 grams of nuts (this is approximately 12 pieces), and for men - 50 g. Such an amount of vegetable fats is easily absorbed by the body and will bring, rather than harm to health, fill with energy and a positive charge. For pregnant and lactating women a little different the permissible limit, for example, for lactation, use no more than 8 pieces, and for girls in a position prone to allergies, no more than 15 g.
Important! Do not exceed a dosage of over 50 g due to the strong allergenicity of this product (anaphylactic shock is possible, as with overeating walnuts).
Children under three years old can’t eat nuts at all, because the digestive system is not yet developed enough to digest such a heavy product. But at the age after three years it is recommended to add hazelnuts to the diet daily - it will saturate the body with protein and fiber, which are necessary for the mental and physical development of the young body. A day you can give your child 2-3 nuts.If you eat the right amount of nuts, you can get rid of stress and cheer up for the whole day.
The use of hazelnuts in medicine
Even thousands of years ago, our ancestors were saved from starvation in lean years by the fruits of hazel.
This product is filled with a huge amount of healing qualities:
- Due to the low amount of carbohydrates, it is recommended for diabetes.
- The content in the fruits of paclitaxel (anti-cancer substance), manganese, beta-sitosterol, allows the use of nuts as an oncology prophylaxis.
- Vitamin E in combination with protein contribute to the growth of muscle tissue.
- It is popularly used as an antipyretic and for vitamin deficiency, because hazelnuts are rich in carotenoids, flavonoids, phytosterols known as biologically active substances that strengthen immunity and metabolic processes.
- It cleanses the body, using its organic compounds, prevents the development of putrefactive processes and the appearance of worms, as well as gas formation in the intestine. The choleretic effect of a nut will cleanse the liver well.
- Ideal for people with cardiovascular disease. Due to the content of potassium and calcium, which favorably affect the blood vessels and muscles of the heart, makes their walls flexible. This property also helps with varicose veins, and in general, with the disease of veins and blood vessels.
- Stimulates brain function.
- Improves lactation in nursing mothers.
- Dissolves kidney stones, treats pancreatitis and gout.
- Mixing chopped hazelnuts with honey can help the body with anemia.
- Walnut oil is used for burns, as well as rubbed into the scalp for the health and beauty of hair.
- Indispensable for diets, because it easily saturates the body even in small quantities due to its high calorie content.
Healing actions are saturated with all the components of the hazelnut bush: leaves, bark, leaf sheath of the fruit and shell.
Strengthens or weakens
Walnut easily solves the problem of difficulty in defecation in both adults and children. In the right dosage, hazelnuts weaken, which relieves the body of constipation. Hazelnut stimulates the intestines and improves digestion.
Did you know? Hazelnut oil never dries and always remains fresh.
But with diarrhea, you should not burden yourself with such a heavy product, this will cause discomfort to an already weakened body. But if you use not a nut, but a shell, in the form of infusion, it will have an astringent effect.
Hazelnuts are a standalone product. It is cleaned, crushed or consumed whole and raw, it can also be fried and dried, it is ground into flour or butter, it is very popular in cooking for making meringues, cakes, halva, any pastries, sweets and desserts (replaces almonds). The dough with the addition of peanut butter rises very easily and quickly, and then the pastries do not stale for a long time. The famous Nutella cream is made from these nuts.Hazelnut paste is used as a food filler for breakfast cereals. Hazelnut oil is not a cheap pleasure, however, in taste and smell, as well as in the amount of fatty acids, it is not inferior to olive oil and even surpasses it in the content of useful substances contained exclusively in this nut.
Hazelnuts are called the product of the future, the most healthy and balanced in chemical composition, a miracle of nature that can cure almost any ailment, replenish energy charge and cheer up. It is important to remember that only proper use can enhance immunity.